It’s Monday and week is going to be great! You can do it! Just 4 more days left till the weekend!
A while ago, I was nominated by Bea Freitas from beafreeblog for the Blogger Recognition Award and I am just now getting around to it! I need to play major catch up! But I want to give her a big thank you for nominating me! I have been following her blog for a few months now and she is one of the sweetest bloggers! She has really good content and new post ideas. She is definitely worth a follow!
You guys all know how these awards work so here are the rules!
* Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
* Give a brief story of how your blog started.
* Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
* Select 10 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
* Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
Why did you start blogging?
It was 2012 and I was 8 years old and I was on vacation in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I was a pretty frequent traveler and I had so many memories to share. I was pretty bored and I thought it would be neat to share my travels. I had never really heard of a blog or what a blogger was but my mom showed me. I remember sitting in the kitchen of our rental home, coming up with my blog. My mom helped me come up with the name, get an email and establish a blog.
The name fromanamericangirl is not like an American Girl Doll. Instead it means, I am a girl writing and I live in America. I used to not really like the name, but it is unique and it kinda stuck.
I kinda lost motivation on my blog until last October. I had met a professional blogger, Beth Chappo from seersuckerandsaddles. She lives in my town (soon to be neighbor!) and I saw how hard she works and how successful she is. She inspired me to do better and post frequently. I had a meeting with Beth for only an hour and she showed me all of her tips. I was immediately inspired to do better on my blog. Here I am now still blogging, trying to post consistently and working on doing better!
2 Pieces of Advice to New Bloggers
- Post as consistently as possible. The more you post the more reputation your blog grows. If you only post sporadically people might forget all about you and your blog. Also, people can see that you are more serious about blogging. I try to post consistently but don’t worry about doing it everyday unless you really want to.
- Network! Follow other bloggers and leave comments on their blog. If you do this you will be more familiar and have name recognition. You can become friends with bloggers and grow your reputation. But remember numbers don’t matter as long as you love what you are doing!