Today marks 5 years that I have had this blog! 5 whole years! I just got the happy anniversary notification from WordPress so it’s official! To be honest, I never thought this would ever happen. I was 8 years old on vacation in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and I decided it would be cool to record my travels. Now here I am, 5 whole years later and its crazy to think that I have stuck with it this whole time. I have to admit, some parts were hard but it defiantly has payed off. I have learned so much and grown so much. Being able to look at my blog in 10 years and see all my memories and how I’ve grown will be so cool and so worth it.
To mark 5 years, I have decided to share 5 things I have learned. One for each year of blogging.
- Reach out to other bloggers and have a mentor. Reaching out to other bloggers helps spread the word of your blog and grows relationships with other people. People have found me from when I comment on other blogs and it makes a great community! You grow relationships to a more personal level and everyone can support each other in the community and grow off each other. All you have to do is leave a nice comment! My mentor was beth from seersuckerandsaddles. She taught me many tips and gave me pointers on the best posting times/days and how to get more traffic on your blog.
- Social Media is very important to gain followers. After I got Instagram for my blog, the analytics went way up! Many of the clicks on my blog come from the bio on Instagram. Social media is basically a free way to advertise! There is this new business setting on Instagram where you connect it to Facebook to promote your brand so I got one. Go follow me! The new setting is such a great way to measure your following.
- It’s not about the quantity of the posts but the quality! I tried to post 1 post a day for a while but I found out that the quality of my posts went down. I spent way to much time on figuring out what to post and not what to write about. While it might work for some people, it didn’t work for me.
- Don’t do what everyone else does, be yourself. Make your own content and be original. People don’t follow you because you post the same things that everyone else does, they follow you because of how creative you are with your posts. Stand out of the crowd! God made us all unique, show it!
- Good pictures are key! You need a picture on every post, even ones like these. Pictures make people click on your post and want to read it. They show the extra amount of effort you put into your posts, making them top-notch!
That’s it for today’s post! Thank you to all of my readers who read, like and comment on all my posts. Here’s to another 5 years!